Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Green Goodbye...

Well I can’t say that my blog has changed lives, or that it has fully solved the problem regarding global warming…but I can say that it has spread the word of greener living.

If not to many, at least it has raised my personal awareness. And not for the rest of the semester, or the rest of the year, but for the rest of my life.

When my class came up with the idea for a greener living online magazine, I was devastated. I thought it would be impossible to find a connection between sports and the environment, but I found numerous.

Then, I thought it would be impossible to write about a greener lifestyle for an entire semester, but now that the time is winding down, I find it impossible to stop finding new story ideas.
Green has swept the nation, and I’m proud to say we had a part in it. With every blog I wrote, information was spread, and knowledge was gained.

My trip home for Thanksgiving was proof that it’s hard to escape the green revolution, even when your trying to vacation.

I carpooled the 500 mile trip home, instead of driving by myself which I always prefer.
When shopping for a gift for my god puppy on the road, a recycled doggy sweater couldn’t be passed up.

And finally, instead of watching the traditional three movies after thanksgiving dinner, we decided to teach the kids present for the holiday, the benefit of finding something non-electrical to do for fun instead. We played ping pong and miniature golf outside until sunset, and then played card games inside only using our fire as light.

It’s kind of a stretch, but that was the point of my blog. To change the small things in your life. Big changes to save the planet are too overwhelming to try and endure. So it’s the small things you can do that will add up to something someday.

Thanks to everyone and anyone that ever read my blog. I’m sure I got more out of it than anyone else, but that’s what made it all worth it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

To continue your greener living habits, here are some of my favorite web sites:
Tree Hugger
Green Guide
Living Green

No comments: